[Nfbf-l] latest update on Jim

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 21:11:48 UTC 2013

Great news all!

Sherri

Good afternoon Friends and Family, Some good news! Jim seems to be feeling
better in the past couple of days. His energy level is improving, his
appetite is better and he has the desire to do things like watch TV, listen
to music, etc. Last night, he listened to the first half of the Bucks game
on ESPN on our new Dennon AVR (audio video receiver) in surround sound. Wish
everyone could have seen him sitting on the sofa with the remote, having
such a great time. This is kind of a big deal for us because it is the first
AVR that we can control independently . Also, in the past, I've always been
the one to run the entertainment center. Now, with some practice, he will be
able to run it without having to wait on me. He said that Friday and most of
Saturday after coming home from the hospital, seem like they never existed.
He just slept and slept. Of course, his wife wouldn't let him rest because
she kept waking him up to eat, to drink, to take care of his mouth, to take
meds. LOL He had his Rituxan, his Neulasta and labs yesterday. He didn't
wind up having to have a blood transfusion after all. Moffitt transfuses if
his hemoglobin drops to 8; he was 8.5, I believe. Today, we also learned
that the rest of his appointments at MIP for the next couple of weeks will
be for labs and talking with a nurse practitioner. Then, back to Moffitt
hospital on Nov. 25TH to repeat Part A of the Hyper-CVAD treatment. Of
course, we are all praying that nothing happens that would cause him to have
to go to the hospital before then. He's certainly not ready to run; or, for
that matter, walk a marathon. Nor, can he eat a four course meal; however,
it is so nice to see him feeling better and eating more. Family and friends
are welcome to call him if they wish. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you.
Hope everyone has a great week. Kim
Sent from CaringBridge iPhone App