[Nfbf-l] {Disarmed} Finding Lost Products May Be Easier Than You Think

Alan Dicey adicey at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 1 15:21:40 UTC 2013

Dear Friends,

I thought some might appreciate this article, so I am passing it along.

With Best Regards,

God Bless,

Alan

Plantation, Florida

Finding lost products (from the Ziegler)

I'm not selling any of these products, and I get nothing for sharing this information. I just thought you'd be interested in this information.
Finding Lost Products May Be Easier Than You Think
Have you ever searched in a store for a favorite product and been disappointed to discover they no longer carried it? In late 2010, my friend Marian and I were shocked when we learned that our local grocery store no longer carried Red Cross Germicide. I discovered this nice smelling disinfectant at Vermont Country Store and had given it to her as one of her birthday gifts. For years, we had bought it at this supermarket. I have also had familiar web sites discontinue carrying products. Last winter I hoped to buy more jars of luster crème shampoo and discovered that Vermont Country Store no longer carried it. I have requested it and they promised to keep looking for it.
This summer I have become more adept at using search engines such as Google and ask.com. I discovered that Blue Grass Cream deodorant is still available and I have found it convenient for travel.
I found Mennen skin bracer in a local CVS right before Christmas. Its gentle unobtrusive scent was appreciated as a thoughtful Christmas gift for my friend.
Last Wednesday, while shopping at our local CVS, I inquired whether they had Elizabeth Arden's Sunflowers and White Shoulders cologne. I was happy the salesperson immediately found both items. At my local supermarket, I have found Eclipse coffee syrup and, recently, Hershey's syrup in a can. They both sit in my refrigerator for flavoring milk or coffee.
I will give readers phone numbers, web addresses and information about six websites where you will be able to find useful and vintage products.
I discovered Vermont Country Store in 2001 thanks to a summer issue of the Matilda Ziegler and Home readers. I search their website often during the holidays to find out what new products they have. They carry everything from clothing to food and household items. I have often purchased delicious bittersweet chocolate-covered cherries for gifts at Christmas. I have also gotten Lustre-Creme shampoo, Cashmere Bouquet powder and Yardley's English Lavender powder and soap.
www.goodolddaysstore.com

www.harmondiscount.com, and
www.blindmicemegamall.com
 have hard to find brands and are recent finds on the internet for me.
Browsing
www.goodolddaysstore.com
I have found a variety of merchandise, including lilac laundry powder and dish soap, as well as class toys, books, and movies. I was impressed by the accessibility of their website, and it is easy to get on their email list. There is also a Good Old Days which is available on digital cartridge from the Perkins Library.
www.harmondiscount.com
 is where you can find such products as Prell shampoo, Adorn hairspray and Mennen skin-bracer.
www.hardtofindbrands.com
 is a real gold mind for medical, household, personal care and diabetes products. The store now has the Prodigy Autocode Glucose meter for $10.50. They also carry test strips and solutions for this item. I briefly looked on
www.blindmicemegamall.com
 and found they have cooking wares, household mobility products and numerous other items. I find the CVS website accessible, and some stores have point of sale devices.
Here are the phone numbers and web addresses for these stores.
Vermont country store phone - 802-362-8484
 www.vermontcountrystore.com
 Their customer service is great and they are helpful to blind customers.
Hard to Find Brands phone - 888-796-4832
www.hardtofindbrands.com

Harmon's Discount phone 866-427-6661
www.harmondiscount.com

Good Old Days phone 877-226-5388
www.goodolddaysstore.com

CVS toll free number is 1-888-607- 4287
www.cvs.com

Blind Mice Mart phone 1-713-893-7277
www.blindmicemegamall.com
I hope readers enjoy browsing, shopping and finding Labor Day discounts. Our last summer holiday will be here in a week.
- - - - -

Join the MMD program of Pennsylvania Council of the Blind and help improve tomorrow today in PCB.  For further information contact:
Tony Swartz, President, E-mail: tbswartz at ptd.net  Tel: 610-799-4565
or the PCB State Office:
E-mail: pcb1 at paonline.com Tel: 877-617-7407
Let's all help today for a brighter tomorrow!

To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: pcb-l-unsubscribe at yahooGroups.com
 Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest . Unsubscribe . Terms of Use . Send us Feedback .