[Nfbf-l] YIPPEE!! Keep the votescoming! Help littleAldenPorter w...

BROOKE6358 at aol.com BROOKE6358 at aol.com
Tue Sep 10 02:01:27 UTC 2013

I totally agree, Judy.

 How about we keep this fund going and get the brailler for each child  in
the contest--for starters?

It seems every state Voc Rehab and DBS, under MOU--whatever it is called in
 each state, with DOE bring the education and tools needed for all students
who  are blind/visually impaired.

Money is not the issue with government agencies being 'broke', the problem
is the distibution of said funds and POLICY.

I promised myself I would not get myself started tonight. I'll hold myself
to this. We CAN get this done-- new people, new energy, new narrative, new
approach to those that control the purse strings that hold OUR monies. No
need  to go in with bulldozers--it is a new narrative that is being born for
greater  proactive work for the kids.

I am new to much of this, only been in this blind community 5 years, I'd
heard Braille is not taught in many school districts. It took this wonderful
device and realizing our kids need more voices to bring them what they are
needing for education.

I am preaching to the choir, I am sure, I hope something 'new' has come
into my words for someone to grab onto for effective change.

Just sayen. Add to this somone.
bre