[Nfbf-l] I like this very much! Well Done! - The NFB Pledge Defined!

Alan Dicey adicey at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 14 18:11:46 UTC 2014

Dear NFB Friends,
I really appreciate this! Thanks Dwight and others!
Well Done
Extremely Well Done!
With Best Regards,
God Bless
Alan
Plantation, Florida
Alan Dicey, Vice President
"Yes, Blind and Visually Impaired People, Can, and Do, Play Chess!"
United States Braille Chess Association Home Page:
http://AmericanBlindChess.org

I pledge to participate actively, in the efforts of the  National Federation
of the blind.
To ensure equality, opportunity and  security for the blind:
To support the policies and programs of the  Federation:
 and to abide by its Constitution.
 See the definitions Below!
 I = he person speaking or writing:  personal pronoun in the first
 person

 Pledge = a person or thing given or  held as security for the
 performance of a contract, as a guarantee of  faith

 to Participate = to have or take a part or share in
Actively  = that is acting, functioning, working, moving,
 In the Efforts of = the  using of energy to get something done;
> exertion of strength or mental  power

 the National Federation of the Blind = Unit or Organization, being
 addressed To Ensure = to make sure or certain; guarantee; or  secure.

 Equality = the condition of being equal, and or, of having the  same
 political, social, and economic rights

 Opportunity = a combination  of circumstances favorable for the
 purpose; fit time; Chance; Favorable  circumstance leading to a positive
outcome.
 And Security = the state of being or feeling secure;  freedom from
 fear, anxiety, danger, doubt, etc.; state or sense of safety or
 certainty

 For the Blind = of or for sightless  persons; To Support = to give
 courage, faith, or confidence  to; help or comfort

 the Policies = a principle, plan,  or course of action, as pursued by
 a government, organization, individual,  etc.

 and Programs = a plan or procedure for dealing with some  matter

 of the Federation = he act of uniting or of forming a union of
 states, groups, etc. by agreement of each member to subordinate its
 power to  that of the central authority in common  affairs and to
 Abide = to stand fast; remain; go on  being
By Its = on behalf of; that or those belonging to it: the  possessive
 form of the word.

 Constitution = the way in which a  government, state, society, etc. is
 organized Please think about this as you take the pledge at our
 meetings.
Dwight