[Nfbf-l] NFB Pledge

Denise Valkema valkemadenise at aol.com
Tue Feb 18 18:54:34 UTC 2014

I choose to participate actively. Someone mentioned to me that I am everywhere at state convention. As a state board member, I am not required to attend every committee or division meeting however, encouraged to when can, but I choose to attend as much as possible. I recently participated in the last deaf/blind division meeting held on 2/8/14. I attended the statewide chapter meeting on 2/16/14, too. We have state board meeting once a month usually and at times have emergency meetings. I am legislative chairperson and devote time to this as well. At conventions as board members, we are required to attend general sessions,and  do other duties as assigned.  I am glad to do what I can!

Dwight stated that being on the board requires time, funds, and communication by email, etc.

Thanks Dwight for this good explanation of the pledge.

Sincerely, Denise Valkema by iPhone