[Nfbf-l] Requesting your input for Service Animal Relief Areas in Airports

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Thu Feb 20 00:16:50 UTC 2014

Dear All,

                During the Annual Meeting of the Florida Association of
Guide dog Users (FLAGDU), we discussed the Federal Aviation Administration's
desire to receive input from service animal consumers on Service animal
Relief Areas (SARA)in airports. As a representative of the Florida
Association of Guide dog Users, I will be traveling to Washington, D.C. with
NAGDU's president, Marion Gwizdala, to offer consultation to the FAA on this
important issue. In order to best represent your ideas and needs, I would
like to have your input concerning the elements you believe should be
incorporated in such a relief area. Keep in mind that this forum is an
opportunity to offer suggestions on the ground floor before they are
designed and implemented, so it is better to put such things in place in
this stage than to make changes after the fact.

                We would like to hear from you about any and every detail of
this project from where the SARA should be located, what materials should be
used, and any other consideration you believe would make it most usable to
guide dog users. This is your opportunity to make a difference and all
suggestions will be presented to the FAA and its engineers. Please send all
comments, suggestions, and input to me no later than Thursday, February 27
at 4:00 p.m. You may email me at

MerryS @verizon.net

With warm regards,

Marry Schoch