[Nfbf-l] {Spam?} Beware All Who Have Medicare! Increasing amounts of phishing and malware-infected emails

Jorge Paez jorgeapaez1994 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 15:08:01 UTC 2014

One thing I'll add in this discussion is this:
a lot of the time, spammers are a lot smarter then what was shown in
that article.
As far as links/the email from field go, pay particular attention to
the spelling.
some might come from "medikare" (m e d I k a r e),
med-care, medi-care, medi-chare, medikkare, mediccare, meddicare,
meddiccare, etc.
and some might actually manage to look official, but then the site
link is again, one of those misspellings.
This happens a lot, specially with government related services since
spammers can't get their hands on the actual addresses.
Also, beware of anything that does nnot end in dot gov--if you get an
email from medicare.org, medicare.com, medicare.us, etc.
That's also another way to tell if something is spam.

Just my 2 cents.

Jorge