[Nfbf-l] Passing of Johnnie Slayton

Lenora J. Marten bluegolfshoes at aol.com
Thu Oct 30 19:28:16 UTC 2014

 Hello everyone,

I am extremely saddened to report to you of the passing of one of our great leaders, Johnnie Slayton. I don't
have a lot of details yet, but she passed away early this morning due to complications from a blood clot.

My deepest condolences go out to Johnnie's family and the Tallahassee Chapter. She was by far, one of the most incredible people I've ever had the pleasure
of meeting. She will be greatly missed.

I've spoken with Sylvia Young, Tallahassee
Chapter secretary and her information is below should you need to contact her directly.
I will be posting further information as it becomes available concerning services.

Sylvia Young
slyfox at embarqmail.com
850-322-5937

Sincerely,

Lenora J. Marten, President
Florida Organization of Parents of Blind Children
Secretary, NFB-FL
Florida Rehabilitation Council for the Blind
bluegolfshoes at aol.com
904-229-9554