[Nfbf-l] Re-elect Dan Hicks as NFBF President

Dan Hicks danjhicks at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 03:09:17 UTC 2015

NFBFL Logo RGB Square - no tagline

Fellow Federation members,

I know there has been some speculation among some of our Federation family
as to whether or not I would be running for re-election to the office of
President of the National Federation of the Blind of Florida.  Well, I might
have answered this message sooner, but, over the past several days, I have
spent every available hour getting ready for the upcoming convention and
Washington Seminar. I wanted to wait until I could give you all an answer
that is worthy of your inquiry.

I have given this a lot of thought. Being NFBF President requires a
tremendous amount of time and work. Anyone who would seek to hold such a
position must have the drive, the passion, the leadership, and the
organizational skills to - not just talk about how great the National
Federation of the Blind is and how wonderful it will be in the future - but
to actually put in motion ideas and programs and initiatives to actually
make the organization as good as it can be. I want to continue leading the
organization in the right direction.

I feel that I have done as much as any one person could have to help make
the NFBF a truly outstanding and integral part of the National Federation of
the Blind, and, with your support and your votes, I plan to keep on doing
just that.

Let's work together to bring our organization to its full potential. Let's
not stop until  every blind person in Florida knows that there is hope, that
there is opportunity, that they really can live the life they choose!

A vote for Dan Hicks is a vote for continued progress, and a vote for a
Federation dream that we can all be part of.

Thank you all for your votes. Thank you all for making the NFB of Florida
the wonderful organization that it has been, that it is now, and that it
will be in the future.

Dan Hicks, President

"The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read."

                              ―Mark Twain