[Nfbf-l] final day to join Cite and Sole walk

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 10:47:28 UTC 2015

Hi NFBCF Chapter members and friends,

On Saturday, March 7th, 2015 I am participating in the 26th Annual Sight &
Sole WalkFest to benefit Lighthouse Central Florida. Founded in 1976,
Lighthouse Central Florida is the only private, nonprofit agency in Central
Florida providing vision rehabilitation services to both the blind and
visually impaired. Serving Orange, Seminole, and Osceola counties,
Lighthouse Central Florida strives to help as many members in our community
as possible every year, yet they need our help.

I have enthusiastically committed to being a walk team captain and I am
reaching out to you today to invite you to join me on my team and at the
Sight & Sole Walk. I am doing this effort in honor of NFBF Newsline® and
dedicating my effort to our former chapter and state treasurer, friend and
NFBF Newsline® chair, the late Tom Hartig, who did more than anyone to grow
Newsline® not only in Florida, but nationally. Our team name is NFBF
Newsline® and I have set a reasonable goal of recruiting 10 walkers to raise
money and awareness for Lighthouse Central Florida's essential programs. The
average walker raises about $200, but it is not necessary for you to raise
funds to participate. although I have set a team goal of $500, This goal is
very achievable through social media outlets, an online donation site, and
the use of email blasts.

Please consider joining the NFBF Newsline team and make it your team too.
Here's the information as to when and where and the link to the Newsline®
team is in this e-mail and below my signature. If you don't want to walk,
you can come help me mann the table and talk about Newsline®. If you can't
attend, you can also contribute from the team page at

http://lighthousecentralflorida.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=12&i=1130931&g=6272612.

 If you need help with any of this, please call me at (407) 312-4821, which
is my cell or e-mail me at flmom2006 at gmail.com. If you donate $25, you get a
really nice T-shirt. I look forward to hearing from you. I waited until the
last minute to ask once again, because most of us wait until the last minute
to do something. Please see information.

The 26th Annual Sight & Sole WalkFest will go on rain or shine!

When:

·        Saturday, March 7, 2015

·        Registration starts at 3:15 p.m.

·        Walk, Rally, Food, Drinks, & Family Fun will last from 4:20 p.m. -
7:00 p.m.

Event Location:

·        Cranes Roost Park, 274 Cranes Roost Blvd., Altamonte Springs, FL
32701

·        Registration and the kick-off of the walk will be held at the
amphitheater off of Cranes Roost Blvd.

·        The road will be blocked off for the vendor village filled with
food, drinks, family fun, and more.

Access Lynx:

·        If you're taking Access Lynx, please ask to be dropped off close to
Café Murano located at 309 Cranes Roost Blvd, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701.
There will be a police officer there patrolling the barricade and will allow
Access Lynx to enter and drop you off. There will be volunteers there if you
need any assistance.

·        Lighthouse Central Florida team members will be at this location
starting at 1:00 p.m. for set up. If you arrive before the event
registration time, please call Dani at 407-697-7046 to come and escort you
over.

Parking Locations: Google map links added

A.     East side of the Altamonte Mall parking lot near Café Murano -

1.      309 Cranes Roost Blvd., Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

2.      http://bit.ly/1GpXU0i

or

B.      Off of Uptown Blvd. on the south side of the park near Altamonte
Spring Appliance

1.      155 Cranes Roost Blvd., Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

2.      http://bit.ly/17UpmXO

C.      General parking in the area is also available - Please see map
attached with this email.

Registration:

Each walker that has raised $25.00 or more will receive a t - shirt.

Day of Event Registration: You and your team members also have the
opportunity to register and receive your shirts the day of the event. Day of
Event Registration begins no earlier than 3:15 p.m. and will last until 4:15
p.m. (or so).

·        Each walker that has raised $25.00 or more will receive one t -
shirt.

·        Please bring all remaining donations (cash & check) with you that
day! Your final totals will be reflected on the Sight & Sole Walk website
within the following week.

Individual Walker Prizes Include:

·        $25 + - 26th Annual Sight & Sole WalkFest T-shirt

·        $101 - $500 - Lighthouse Central Florida Collared Shirt*

·        $501 + - HMDX Wireless Bluetooth Portable Speaker*

You can continue to collect donations until March 16.

I look forward to the 26th Annual Sight & Sole Walk. You can register at

http://lighthousecentralflorida.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=12&i=1130931&g=6272612

I encourage you to invite your friends, family, neighbors, and colleagues to
walk with us that day as well. The walk is a completely family friendly
event and will be a wonderful day for all.

If you have any questions, please reach out to me at (407) 312-4821 or by
e-mail at flmom2006 at gmail.com at any time or reach out to Dani Mihalic with
Lighthouse Central Florida at dmihalic at lcf-fl.org .

I look forward to walking with you on March 7th Please reply to this e-mail
whether or not you  plan to participate.

Thank you.

Sherri Brun
Now's the time to become a part of my team by participating or contributing
Thank you for Raising awareness of NFBF Newsline by supporting the NFBF
Newsline Team for Cite and Sole at

http://lighthousecentralflorida.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=12&i=1130931&g=6272612