[Nfbf-l] Sharing news

Darlene Laibl-Crowe dlaiblcrowe at att.net
Thu Mar 26 16:55:38 UTC 2015

Absolutely, Denise!

Florida State Wide Chapter is working hard to do its part.  Our goal is to
reach those in the state that do not have a nearby chapter to attend.
Since the state has 67 counties and there are 14 chapters, there are many
opportunities for this!

We meet by teleconference once a month, the individual can participate in
the comfort of their home.  We have also encouraged those who work with the
visually impaired; family members and friends to become a member...it takes
everyone in our society to work together to accomplish NFB's mission!

Since I am also Hard of Hearing, FSWC has acquired captioning in which those
who are blind/visually impaired with hearing loss can read the conversation
for clarification of what is being said.  This is accessible online with a
computer, iPad or other accessible devices and also accessible with the
refreshable braille display.

Communication is the key towards bringing people together -- FSWC is
definitely on top of this!

Always striving to find a way,

(smile)
Darlene Laibl-Crowe