[Nfbf-l] NFBF Senior Concerns Committee

Lenora J. Marten bluegolfshoes at aol.com
Sun May 24 14:24:21 UTC 2015

Good morning everyone,

We've often discussed the need for implementing a committee concentrating
on senior concerns. The last of the baby-boomers are now over 50, making the
senior demographics over 45% in some parts of Florida. While not all of them
will encounter vision difficulties, only about 1/3 of them that do are seeking
help or services. Most are not aware that we are here to offer guidance, or
of the state agencies for the blind that offer programs.

There will be a conference call on Tuesday, June 9th at 8pm to discuss the
focus and direction of this committee.

Please share this information with anyone you think may be interested in
attending. If you have any questions, please let me know.

An agenda and conference call instructions will be sent a few days prior
to the meeting.

Thank you,

Lenora J. Marten, President
Florida Organization of Parents of Blind Children
Secretary, NFB-FL
Florida Rehabilitation Council for the Blind
bluegolfshoes at aol.com
904-229-9554