[Nfbf-l] A chance to win $100 at our state convention banquet

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Thu Jan 7 18:42:48 UTC 2016

Hear ye Hear ye.chapters, divisions, and members of the National Federation
of the Blind of Florida.

            Would you like to significantly change the lives of the blind
just by pledging to do something small and painless? Would you also like the
chance to win $100 in cold, hard cash while doing this?

Benjamin Franklin, whose picture appears on the $100 bill that will be given
away at the annual banquet of the NFB of Florida said, "When one inspired
person joins with other like-minded individuals, progress is made and
visions are fulfilled." In a recent message, President Riccobono said, "In
the National Federation of the Blind we take the hopes and dreams of blind
people and transform them into reality through our collective action. That
action takes many forms, but it always comes down to the efforts of
individual blind people that are collectively focused to create a movement
that extends past perceived limits."

Here are a few examples of how the National Federation of the Blind has made
an impact in our local communities:

.        For the first time in the United States, two blind social workers
in Florida who were denied accessible licensing exams were able to take
their tests using screen reading software;

.        A guide dog user whose right to keep his guide dog in campus
housing is living in his apartment without interference

.        A blind mother whose children were removed from her home for no
reason other than her blindness has been reunited with her children.

All around the state of Florida and across our nation, the NFB is helping
individual blind people live the lives we want. A small pledge from you can
make a huge difference!

The PAC Plan

The PAC [Pre-Authorized Contribution] Plan enables individuals to make
regular contributions to support the programs and activities of the
Federation. By signing up for the PAC Plan you authorize a monthly
contribution to the NFB. You designate how much you want to contribute each
month and specify a day of the month on which the contribution will be made.
You can make your pledge using a voided paper check or a debit/credit card
and begin with a monthly donation of only $5.00.

How You Can Win, Double Your Chances, and More!!!!

            Every individual, chapter, or division making or increasing a
pledge will receive one chance to win $100 for every dollar pledged at
convention plus a very special PAC Sack filled with tasty goodies while
supplies last. You can double your chances and receive two tickets for every
dollar pledged if you make your pledge before January 14 at 6:00 pm. For
more information or to make your pre-convention pledge, please call me
between 8:00 am - 8:00 pm at my office. That number is (813) 523-6573. If
you get voice mail, please leave a message. You can also email me at
<mailto:MerrySchoch at verizon.net> MerrySchoch at verizon.net. During convention,
you can find me between general sessions at the PAC Plan table.

Let's go build the Federation!

Merry C. Schoch, LCSW