[Nfbf-l] Great convention

Carlos Montas carlos.montas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 06:08:00 UTC 2016

Good morning I wanted to congratulate the newly elected board members.  I am so glad that the convention was a great success.  I want to extend a hand to the new officers.  There are many issues that I believe  need to be on the affiliates agenda.  For example amending our States White cane law.  Second I believe that working on issues related to improving Blindness  rehabilitation services across the State is extremely important.  The better Blind Floridians are prepared  the better chance they have of living the lives they want.  Working with our school districts to make sure that every blind child has the education they deserve is also important.  The nfbf also needs to work on issues related to Blind Seniors.  Another issue that we as an organization neet to work on is the People first employment websight.  It is the State of Florida's employment information system.  Some of us including my self are working behind the scenes on this issue.  Those of us who are guide dog users need to continue to work on educating the public about the rights of guide dog users.  I would like to propose that the board schedule a meeting that would be open to the membership to express there concerns and or ideas in terms of the nfbf.  and  or bring up ideas in terms of growing chapters.  The meeting could be scheduled every other month.  The meeting would assist the board in better connecting with the membership.  Congrats and lets get to work.