[Nfbf-l] FL convention announcements

Denise valkemadenise at aol.com
Tue Jun 21 18:39:10 UTC 2016

Greetings Florida Federationists,

How exciting that we will be together soon. Below is some helpful information for national convention.

Visit the 20-16 convention page at www.nrb.org for agenda (on Newsline, too), information on streaming, and for more information about the Exhibit Hall (exhibitor list & map) please visit https://nfb.org/exhibit-hall.

Pick up agenda (print or Braille) and area restaurant guide (print or Braille) at the information table in lobby prior to registration day and at registration.

Visit www.rosenshinglecreek.com for hotel information including dining options.

FL Caucus in Wekiwa 4 on Saturday, 7/2 from 5:30pm-6:30pm.
Open NFBF board meeting. Bring banquet tickets to Gloria so she can exchange them and Florida can sit together at the banquet. Door prizes likely. Come connect with Florida federation family!

Florida loves to participate actively and if you would like to help by volunteering at  the information table or hospitality suite email:
Information Desk – Pam Allen  at pallen at louisianacenter.org
Hospitality Suite  - Cassie McKinney at  cemcnabb21 at yahoo.com

C-18
FL table in exhibit hall.
Contact Rafael at Rafael.fernandez0617 at gmail.com to schedule a time for your chapter at FL table. Main purpose of FL table is the affiliate fundraiser. Feel free to take the opportunity for your chapter fundraiser during your shift at FL table and in exhibit hall or other places during convention.
Agenda Note 5: Raffle tickets will not be sold in the registration area, and no raffles or
other such drawings will take place during convention sessions or at the banquet.
The single exception will be that national divisions may (if they request it in
advance) conduct drawings during the sessions or at the banquet. Groups or
affiliates wishing to conduct their drawings (or any person wishing to know the
winners) may go at noon on Tuesday to Wekiwa 5, Level 2.

The Presidential Suite (13217); and
the Host Affiliate’s Suite (10201) are all open during much of the
convention.

Travel (some numbers)
Tip: A reminder to  Pack medication and items needed in a carry on just in case luggage is lost. Personalize luggage in a way that you know it is yours.
Access Lynx: (407) 423-8747
Fax: (407) 849-6759
Request your paratransit certification office to fax eligibility to Lynx for visitor status in advance.
Amtrak:1 (800) 872-7245 Van Pool Orlando 321-284-7979
Redcoach
(877) 733-0724
Super Shuttle: (email received recently)
Hello all,
Sorry for the delay, but there were multiple technical difficulties with getting the discount code set up for our convention. Below is the link that must be used in order to receive the discount. The normal round trip fair is $36, but by using the link below, the fair is reduced to $28. If you need to make a reservation by phone, the phone code is FUTAE. Keep in mind that Super Shuttle charges a $6 customer service phone fee. With the $6 phone service fee, the fair increases to$42, which is then reduced to 34, so it’s best to use the link below for the maximum discount. If you have any Questions do not hesitate to email or call me at the below contact info.

Thanks for your patients.
Edward Shaham
NFB of CT
860 597 3210
http://groups.supershuttle.com/livethelife2016.html

PAC Plan: Visit the PAC plan table in the back of the room during general session.  Like individuals, the contribution can be as low as $5 a month.  Believe me.  Any amount from any chapter, affiliate, or division helps tremendously.  So, if you affiliate, chapters, or divisions are not on PAC, please have your treasurers bring a voided check or the account information to convention so that we can sign you up.  The account information  we need is the name on the account, entity address, bank routing number found on the bottom of every check, and the actual account number.  A voided check makes this process easier because we can gather all that data of the check itself.  In any event, let’s get all our entities with a checking account on PAC! Florida is #19 as of 5/31/16.

Kenneth Jernigan tickets for $10 each available to purchase from me at FL caucus and until start of general session or you can purchase from table in back of general session. The winner receives expenses for two to attend 2017 national.

The Exhibit Hall and the Independence Market, including the free literature section, will be combined in one location again this year— Sebastian Ballrooms K and L, Level 1. Stop by and pick up new NFB brochures, NEWSLINE brochures, KNFB reader brochures or and other literature you may want for your chapter.

 Friday, 7/1/16
7:45 - 8:45 pm—MEMBERSHIP FAIR
Wekiwa 5, Level 2
Come one, come all! This is a fun, interactive fair full of examples of how to go
about finding new members for your chapter and affiliate. We will be combining
the excitement of our Federation movement with new generation methods; you
will want to take these solutions home with you. Jeannie Massay, Chairperson,
Membership Committee

Look forward to seeing you at convention. Together with love, hope, and determination, we transform dreams into reality!

Sincerely, Denise Valkema, President NFBF

Sincerely, Denise Valkema by iPhone