[Nfbf-l] Message from Martha Harmon Pardee

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 16:25:32 UTC 2016

I saw this on another list.  Martha Harmon Pardee is a noted Talking Book
reader and has been a guest at our NFB of Florida conventions several times.
She sent the following message and I hope you will honor her request. Thank
you.

Sherri Brun

> Hi friends,
>
> Please excuse the group/impersonal nature of this text, but I'm reaching
> out in all humility with a request from folks like you who have been so
> encouraging over the years.
>
> I won't bore you with all of the sordid details, but last week, as a
> result of just feeling misunderstood and extremely frustrated, I resigned
> as a narrator.  It was an impetuous and regretful decision made in the
> heat of passion and I regretted it almost immediately.
>
> Within days, I asked the owner of the studio from my job back. I explained
> that the thought of not having a relationship with people like you was too
> much for me to contemplate. I have spent just three years short of half of
> my life narrating audio books for NLS.  I love it and I love you and I
> want to keep doing it.
>
> So the favor I'm asking, right before a very busy weekend, is if you feel
> so inclined to write to our head of human resources here and express your
> desire for me to be kept on as a narrator, I would really appreciate it.
> Also, if you wouldn't mind forwarding this request to anyone else who
> might be in support of my employment.
> Melissa Savage is our human resource person and her email address is
> msavage.tbpi at gmail.com
>
> My hope is that positive words from the people who matter most in this
> operation, which is to say all of you, might help Mr. Gregg Savage to
> forgive me my outburst and allow me to continue doing the work I love.
>

> Your humble servant,
> Martha Harmon Pardee

expectations
of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what
holds you back.

Sherri Brun
flmom2006 at gmail.com
President NFB of Central Florida