[Nfbf-l] BFBF State Convention 2017 Announcement

Denise valkemadenise at aol.com
Mon Feb 27 02:16:06 UTC 2017

The convention announcement is attached and below with formatting lost.

NATIONAL FEDERATION
OF THE BLIND
FLORIDA

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THEBLIND OF FLORIDA

2017 STATE CONVENTION

February 15, 2017

The 2017 State Convention of the National Federation ofthe Blind of Florida (NFBF) is fast approaching. We hopeyou will make your plans early to be present for a fabulousfun-filled and educational gathering in Orlando, Florida.

The convention will be held over the Memorial Day weekend: Friday through Monday, May 26-29, 2017 atthe

Doubletree by Hilton Downtown Orlando
60 South Ivanhoe Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32804
Phone: 407-425-4455

We are excited about the various activities we have on theagenda for convention attendees. You will have theopportunity to participate in general sessions as well as anarray of timely seminars and special interest discussiongroups; ranging from division meetings to tutorialsfocusing on the latest in electronics, new products for theblind, and other topics.
We plan to have our usual fast-moving Auction.Numerous items of adaptive equipment will be ondisplay in our Exhibition Hall, and our annual Banquetis always an event that everyone looks forward to attending.

Convention activities start Friday evening, with an openmeeting of the NFBF Board of Directors, the NFBFResolutions Committee meeting, and other not-to-bemissed surprises. This year, General Sessions begin onSaturday morning, May 27, and are expected to featureaddresses from respected governmental officials and
representatives from agencies such as Social Security andthe Division of Blind Services, along with a variety ofother dynamic speakers. General Sessions continueSunday and Monday mornings. Saturday and Sundayafternoons will feature seminars on many informativetopics, such as legislation, technology, guide
dogs, senior concerns, and other timely topics relating toblindness.

There will also be an array of seminars for parents ofblind and visually impaired children on Saturday andSunday afternoons; and kids will be treated to their own convention during this time. The Exhibition Hall willopen Friday evening and

Saturday and Sunday afternoon. A Hospitality Receptionand Auction will take place Saturday evening.

On Sunday evening, we invite you to join us for ourannual NFBF Banquet. Our convention will feature aNational Representative of the NFB Headquarters in Baltimore, MD, who will provide both a National Reportand a banquet address you will not want to miss.Immediately following, the 2017 Student Scholarshipwinners will be presented.

On Monday, May 29, we will have a specialcommemoration in honor of Memorial Day, followed by ourfinal business session. Elections will be held, resolutionsvoted upon, and other Federation business will beconducted. The convention will conclude at 11:00 AM.

It pays to pre-register! Prior to convention the registrationfee is $20.00 and the banquet tickets are $40.00 each. Theregistration and the banquet fee will each increase by $5.00on Monday, May 8, 2017. So, it is important that wereceive your payment by that date to qualify for the specialregistration and banquet package discount. Don't wait, sendyour Convention Registration in today!

To make your room reservations, please call theDoubletree by Hilton Downtown Orlando at 407-425-4455. When calling, ask for the National Federation of the Blind of Florida Convention room rate (code NFB) of$99.00 per night.
Rooms are reserved on a first-come first-served basis. Yourroom reservation must be made by May 5, 2017 to guaranteeour special hotel rate. Call early, while rooms are stillavailable. They may sell out before the cut-off date!

Effort will be made to meet the needs of those withdisabilities if accommodations are requested before May 12, 2017. Please send request and information to Jorge Hernandez at jeh1065 at comcast.net.

Use the attached form to register for the convention andbanquet. Please use a separate form for each person, sofeel free to make copies or download additional formsfrom www.nfbflorida.org.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact NFBFTreasurer Gloria Mills Hicks at: treasurer at nfbflorida.orgor by calling 1-866-342-5080 or e-mail me at president at nfbflorida.org.

Additional information can be found at www.nfbflorida.org.

We hope to see you in Orlando in May for the best NFBFConvention ever!

Sincerely, ​

Denise Valkema, President

Registration Form
May 26-29, 2017

Please list everyone who will be attending the conventionso your name tag will be ready upon arrival. Please use aseparate form for each person. Feel free to print or photocopy additional copies. PLEASE TYPE OR PRINTNEATLY!

Name:

Address:

City:        ​     Zip: ​

Phone: ​

Email:

Are you a member of the NFB? Yes ​No ​

If so, what Chapter? ​

Complete Pre-Registration (includes Banquet & Registration)$60.00

Number of people registering ​  Total amount enclosed:$. ​_

Banquet Entree Choices (number of each):

Fish ​Chicken. ​Vegetarian (Pasta) _________

If you do not plan to attend the Banquet Sunday Night, thepre-registration fee for the convention will be $20.00. If youdo not pre-register, the fee will be $25.00 at the Convention. Banquet tickets, if available, will be $45.00each at the convention.
Please make check payable to "NFBF" and mail it withcompleted form(s) to:
Gloria Mills Hicks, Treasurer
3708 West Bay toBay Blvd. Tampa,FL 33629

Or you can register and pay for your Registration andBanquet by Credit or Debit
Card (MasterCard or Visa) by calling (866) 342-5080.

National Federation of the Blind of   Florida
Gloria Mills Hicks, Treasurer
3708 West Bay to Bay Blvd.
Tampa, FL  33629

FREE MATTER FOR
THE BLIND OR
HANDICAPPED

Sincerely, Denise Valkema, President NFBF