[Nfbf-l] Subminimum Wage Information

Marion Gwizdala marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Sat Jan 28 11:10:57 UTC 2017

Dear All,

                Those who attended the screening of the Bottom Dollars
documentary wanted more information concerning the issue of subminimum wages
to disabled workers. I thought this information would be beneficial for all
affiliate members so we can discuss this issue from a position of strength
and provide accurate information. Attached to this message are several
documents, including a complete list of the companies in Florida paying
subminimum wages and the number of disabled workers they employ below the
minimum wage, an op. ed. Article by Governor
Tom Ridge, an article that appeared in the September 7, 2016 issue of The
Nation, recommendations by each of the divisions of the Department of Labor
with oversight responsibilities for the 14C certificate program, and a quote
sheet prepared by our national office. Though I am not an expert on this
issue, if anyone has questions, please do not hesitate to write to the list
and ask them. If I do not have the answer, I will get it!

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala