[Nfbf-l] Amazon's New Disability Help Line Can Describe Product Pictures to You Among Other Tasks

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 20:59:48 UTC 2017

I just saw this and wanted to pass it along.

Sherri

Amazon's New Disability Help Line Can Describe Product Pictures to You Among
Other Tasks
J.J. Meddaugh

Amazon is the latest company to launch a help desk for disabled customers.
To access it from the U.S., call toll-free (888) 283-1678. In addition to
the
usual technical questions one may ask about using the website or Amazon's
services, agents are able to describe product pictures or assist in the
shopping
process. Of note, they are not allowed to actually place an order for you.
It's open from 6 AM-1 AM Eastern time, 7 days a week. Thanks to the Fred's
Head
Blog for the info.

Source:
Fred's Head from APH

expectations
of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what
holds you back.

Sherri Brun
flmom2006 at gmail.com
President NFB of Central Florida