[Nfbf-l] Looking for blind golf instructors after a recent visit to Club Med in Port St. Lucie, FL

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 31 13:13:28 UTC 2017

Good morning NFB of Florida Members.

Recently, Nelson and I, attended a travel professional conference at Club Med located in Port St. Lucie, Florida; which by the way is only about 1 ½ hours from Orlando and the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area.

If you are not aware it is the only All Inclusive Resort in the United States.

This was for an annual conference, and this was our first time attending the event.

Club Med is not a luxury resort, they are more into activities getting families and especially the kids away from all the electronic devices and enjoying one another.

The activities they offer which include with your stay is free golfing, tennis and volleyball and flying trapeze lessons. As long as you do it with the groups they have during the day. If you want more of a one on one with the professionals then there are prices for that.

As well as, all your meals and drinks, and water sports are also included.

While there, we met and had lessons with their head of the activities which they are professionals. They had indicated that they have had other disabilities that  they were able to teach lessons to, but would love to learn from Blind Sports experts how to teach the blind these sports, especially the golf.

If someone can recommend anyone. You must be at an expert level, not just a beginner, this would not be a paying job, but who knows maybe if they have enough blind people traveling, they might consider it at one point.

ClubMed has Worldwide Destinations not just the USA which there is only one; but the Caribbean, Mexico, South America, Europe (especially the French Alps for Skiing) Asia, etc.

Again these are family resorts. If you know anyone I can get in touch with that might fit the bill, that would be wonderful. I am also looking to do a weekend group here, if anyone is interested sometime in October 2017.

I also have a review of the ClubMed Sandpiper Bay Resort on our blog, located here<http://tinyurl.com/m5thvrc>

Cheryl and Nelson Echevarria
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com<mailto:cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com>
321-245-7561 home number

631-456-5394 (Echevarria Travel) for business only

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cherylandmaxx
Skype: please email me first we are not always on skype. Angeldn3 is my name of Skype