[Nfbf-l] More action needed

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Thu Nov 9 12:19:43 UTC 2017

Greetings Florida Federationists,

Below are the email addresses for the staffers of Congressmen Buchanan and
Curelo. Below their names and email addresses is a template letter you may
use.  Please edit as directed in the letter; however, please make sure you
delete the instructions.  Change will not occur without your help.  We, the
members, hold the most important position of the Federation.  Thank you  for
your  continued efforts in this legislation. Please contact me if you have
any questions or need my help. Warmly, Merry

Staffer in Curbelo's DC office for Ways and Means issues:

Andy Wolf

andy.wolf at mail.house.gov
<file:///C:/Users/merry/Desktop/NFBF/legislation/Legislative%20committee/and
y.wolf at mail.house.gov>

Staffer in Buchanan's office for DC Ways and Means:
Sean Brady

sean.brady at mail.house.gov
<file:///C:/Users/merry/Desktop/NFBF/legislation/Legislative%20committee/sea
n.brady at mail.house.gov>

Dear Mr.  (insert name here)

As a blind resident of Florida and a member of the National Federation of
the Blind of Florida, I am writing to request Congressman (insert name here)
either oppose or  amend HR 1.

The Congressman's support in opposing this legislation will aid in
maintaining the critical tax deduction for the blind.  If H. R. 1 were to
pass, beginning in tax year 2018, this bill will repeal the standard
deduction for blind people valued at $6,350 for the 2017 tax year. To help
blind constituents and the blind of this nation, I am requesting the
Congressman vote "no" when this bill comes to the committee for a vote.
Unfortunately, the blind in the United States are historically underemployed
and this bill will create an undue hardship for the blind.

Since the Congressmen is a member of the Ways and Means committee and if he
does not oppose the bill, I am asking if he will please amend page 25 to
remove "and  blind" so that it now reads:

"(4) Section 3402(m)(3) is amended by striking ''(including the additional
standard deduction under section 63(c)(3) for the aged)''." and offer an
amendment to HR 1 providing for the Access Technology Affordability Act (HR
1377.

Thanking you in advance for opposing "The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017

Sincerely,