[Nfbf-l] Uber Lyft Rideshare information reported at convention

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Sat Jun 2 18:38:17 UTC 2018

Dear Florida Federation,

Below is the information I reported on at our state convention regarding Uber and Lyft rideshare program monitoring of the National Federation of the Blind.

Tips for interacting with Uber and Lyft

Dear Service Animal Users and Survey Participants:

Thank you for your ongoing support of the NFB’s rideshare testing program.

Your feedback via our online questionnaire is as important today as it was when

we first kicked off the testing program. Please continue to report your rideshare

experiences, both positive and negative, and encourage others to participate by

sharing the questionnaire link with them: www.nfb.org/rideshare-test <http://www.nfb.org/rideshare-test> .

Please keep in mind the following when using rideshare and submitting

complaints to Uber or Lyft:

1.            Help the driver know it is not a pet. Tell your driver via text, phone call, or

in person that you are traveling with a service animal.

2.            When filing a complaint, tell Uber or Lyft that your driver knew it was a

service animal. If the incident was witnessed by another person, tell the

rideshare company, and if possible provide contact information for the

witness.

3.            Report all forms of discrimination. If you were denied transportation,

treated disrespectfully, or charged a cleaning fee because of a service

animal, please report this to Uber or Lyft and to the NFB via our

questionnaire.

o             NFB online questionnaire

o             Uber complaint form or, for critical safety concerns, 800-285-9481

o             Lyft complaint form or 844-250-3174

Warmly,

Merry Schoch