[Nfbf-l] More on My Experiment with the 1-Minute Message

Marion Gwizdala marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Mon Oct 1 19:04:34 UTC 2018

Dear Florida Federationists

                In a previous message, I shared my interest in creating an
experimental audio collage of the 1-minute message. After sending this
message, I received comments asking what, exactly, I meant by the 1-minute
message. Some of you are new to our organization and are unfamiliar with
some of our branding terminology. The 1-minute message refers to the
following statement we use in our marketing:

                The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise
the expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want!
Blindness is not what holds you back!

                Again, what I want to do is create an audio collage of
various people saying the 1-minute message. If you would like to be a part
of this collage, simply grab your smart phone or other digital recording
device, go into a quiet, echo-free room, such as your bedroom or living
room, and record the 1-minute message above. Once you have done this, please
send it to me as an email attachment to

blind411 at verizon.net

I would like to have this collage completed soon, as it will be a great tool
to use during our upcoming "Meet the Blind Month" activities. If you have
any other questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me. You can
comments.

Fraternally yours,

Marion