[Nfbf-l] update on Orbit Reader from APH

PLipovsky plipovsky at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jun 12 00:45:47 UTC 2019

Forwarding FYi

----- Forwarded Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 6:39 PM
Subject Update on     Orbit Reader from APH

APH News…

The Orbit Reader 20 will be available on the APH shop by the end of today. After months of negotiations, the Transforming Braille Group (TGB), of which APH is a member, has not yet reached an agreement with Orbit Research on pricing for the Orbit Reader 20. In order to meet the needs of our customers, APH decided to negotiate an agreement with Orbit, outside of the TGB, which will has allowed us to resume offering this device.

Please note that is agreement has two key differences:

1.	The price of the Orbit Reader 20 has increased to $699. While we advocated for a lower price, since Orbit Research was unable to reach an agreement with the TGB, we were unable to use the purchasing power of the group in securing our price, resulting in higher costs.
2.	Effective with the sale of this batch of Orbit Reader 20s, all customer service questions, requests for repairs, or returns will be handled by Orbit Research. Moving forward, APH is serving as a distributor only for Orbit products, and will be offering no support for these devices. APH will continue to support all Orbit Readers purchased prior to June 2019.

Confidentiality Notice

This email including all attachments is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure under State and/or Federal law. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this communication in error and delete this email from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

---
https://www.avg.com