[Nfbf-l] On Facebook today for FPOBC

DENISE VALKEMA valkemadenise at aol.com
Sat May 11 17:58:42 UTC 2019

13 days until our family reunion. Join us Sunday for TO BRAILLE OR NOT TO BRAILLE AND TOOLS FOR IMPLEMENTATION
May 26, 2019 from 1:00 – 2:45 PM
Bermuda Room
Join us for a live demonstration of Braille instruction taught remotely and discussion regarding implementation of this tool for students or individuals that may not have access to a Teacher of the Visually Impaired and/or not enough Braille instruction.  Special guest Casey Robertson, Adjunct Instructor at Louisiana Tech University in the Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness, who also holds aNational Certification in Unified English Braille, will show us how accessible Braille is!
 We will also have a representative from HumanWare exploring appropriate tools and access to technology, which includes training of school staff and parents, to implement the use of the technology in the respective settings.

Denise Valkema, President  National Federation of the Blind of Florida
(305)972-8529
president at nfbflorida.org
www.nfbflorida.org
Follow us @nfbflorida