[Nfbf-l] NFB Newsline telephone outage...and work-arounds

Russell Davis russell at radiorusty.com
Sat May 18 14:03:52 UTC 2019

                Good Morning Everyone,

Your Florida NFB Newsline team, (Wendy, Sherri and myself), have been
advised by numerous callers that there is a problem this morning with
accessing NFB Newsline via the telephone.

Local phone numbers, (both inside and outside of Florida), as well as the
national toll-free number all seem to be having trouble.

The good news is, the mobile application on IOS devices seems to be working
great. If you have an iPhone or iPad you may want to access Newsline via the
app. If you have an I device and have not yet tried the app. Now might be a
great time to give it a look, I think you'll like it a lot.

One more bit of good news is that the NFB Newsline skill on the Amazon Alexa
devices is working fine. If you have an Amazon smart speaker such as an Echo
or Echo Dot, simply ask Alexa to open or enable the skill. You can do this
by telling her, "Alexa, enable National Federation". Once you'veWhen
enabling the skill for the first time, you will need to tell her your six
digit NFBNewsline user account number and then give her your four digit
passcode. Anytime you want to checkout Newsline on your Alexa device after
that you can simply say, "Alexa, open National Federation". I've been
enjoying my access to Newsline via my Echo Dot for a while now, and think
you'll find it a great deal of fun.

Looking forward to seeing all of you next weekend in Boca Raton at
convention. As a reminder, the NFB Newsline workshop will take place  on
Saturday, May 26th from 3:00 to 3:45 pm. It would be awesome to see the room
packed with past, present and future Newsline users!

Russ Davis, Chairman

NFB Newsline of Florida

National Federation of the Blind

Contact for Support: