[NFBF-L] Very Sad News

Brian Norton benorton at samobile.net
Tue Sep 3 02:21:47 UTC 2019

Dear Brooke,
Today, I sadly reviewed the several dozens of email correspondence
between us during the past two years. I have selected several which
show your strong spirituality, independence, intelligence, compassion,
and humor. When we last talked, I told you that I had just taken the
Florida Bar exam, and you wished me good luck. You further stated that
the recent treatments and tests indicated that you were cancer free.
You sounded exhausted, and I guess that your immunities were just too
disappated by your long illness. You provided me with much help,
advice, friendship and love. I miss you, so I decided to share some of
your words with our fellow NFBF members who may not have known you:
Thank you for sharing your spirit with me,
Peace and love,
Brian
Florida NFB Deaf Blind Division President
Florida NFBF Greater Daytona Beach President
386.871.3359
brian.edward.norton at outlook.com

On the road heading home
Hey there Brian,
We’ve been traveling two weeks to Colorado. On our way home, passing
through St Louis . .
Brooke
Like a bee that gathers nectar from flowers, in vstillness and silence
I too gather nectar. It is  called awareness. ~anon
Date:
President Valkema
There are no walls in a community of faith builders as you have pointed
out in your message of  response earlier this evening regarding NFB
Communities of Faith.
Thank you for your straightforwardness. It isn’t about religion per se,
a community of faith is  about serving others through a community of
faith building partners in bridge building for the  nations NFB very
active blind.
Yes, the article below is long. So is our work. I do hope in all
sincerity the comprehensive  article below is a help mate to any and
all Who choose to build new lives.
Thank you.
Brooke Evans
National Federation of the Blind
Palm Beach Chapter
NFB DeafBlind Division
Yes, Community of Faith Religion Can Still Be A Force For Good In The
World. Here Are 100 Examples  How Antonia Blumberg
Religion has made its way into many global conflicts, and there is no
doubt that religion can be  divisive and cause harm. That said,
countless religious groups, congregations and individuals  around the
world offer daily demonstrations that faith can offer deep spiritual
wisdom, be a major  vehicle for service to the world and promote peace.
Here are 100 examples of how faith-based groups are doing good in the
world today in no particular  order. Many of them we found through
#ReligionDoingGood

Read Message