[NFBF-L] Actively Creating Diversity & Inclusion

Marion Gwizdala marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Wed Sep 18 18:34:07 UTC 2019

Dear All,

	Last Thursday, September 12, the Spiritual community I am a part of
hosted its 25th Annual World Day of Prayer. During our local service, we
invited representatives from several Spiritual Paths, including a Native
American pipe carrier, a Muslim imam, a Buddhist monk, and a Hindu priest.
In light of our mission to reach out to a more diverse cross-section of
blind individuals, I spoke with them about how we could get our empowering
message to the blind of their Spiritual communities. I will be talking with
them over the next few weeks to provide them with information about the
National Federation of the Blind and connecting them with chapters in our
affiliate.

	I also have connections within the LGBTQ community and am reaching
out to them, as well, in order to provide blind people in this community the
empowering message of our philosophy. Those with whom I am working have
connections throughout the state and the nation that can help us build our
Movement so that no blind person, despite their religion, race, ethnicity,
or sexual orientation has the benefit of our positive message. If you have
any ideas or would like to lend your tlent and energy to this outreach,
please feel free to get in touch with Denise or me.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala