[NFBF-L] Dr. Thomas F. Davis award

merrys at verizon.net merrys at verizon.net
Mon Aug 10 18:51:16 UTC 2020

Dear Federation Family,

At the 2020 State convention of the NFBF we will be honoring a person or
agency that has served the blind in an outstanding way.  We are seeking
those who are not members of our organization but have served us as well as
the blind community.  This award will be the Dr. Thomas F. Davis award.

Tom Davis served the NFBF and the blind community unselfishly.  He gave his
heart to the blind including his lovely wife Kathy Davis.  Unfortunately,
Tom left us too early due to ALS. The last time I saw Tom he was at a state
convention in a wheelchair.  Although, he did not feel well, Tom was there
supporting our movement.  Tom attended all state and national conventions
and even felt bad that he was a sighted guy.  Tom was a blind guy at heart.

That is what we are looking for!  Someone who knows us, has walked beside
us, and has served the blind community with love, honor, and respect as Tom
did! If you know of a person or agency that you believe deserves such an
honor, please submit the following by September 3, 2020:

Name or agency name, contact information, and narrative of why this person
or agency deserves such an award.  Please submit to:
treasurer at nfbflorida.org <mailto:treasurer at nfbflorida.org>  by September 3,
2020.

Chapter presidents if you would like to be a part of the Dr. Thomas F. Davis
award committee, please email me at treasurer at nfbflorida.org
<mailto:treasurer at nfbflorida.org> .

With warmest regards,

Merry Schoch