[NFBF-L] FW: Two Free Webinars Next Week - Polaris as a Braille Display, and Reading Rainbow on the Polaris

PLipovsky plipovsky at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jun 9 02:28:04 UTC 2020

From: HIMS, Inc <thomas at hims-inc.com>
Sent: Monday, June 8, 2020 7:22 PM
Subject: Two Free Webinars Next Week - Polaris as a Braille Display, and Reading Rainbow on the Polaris

Register for our free upcoming webinars today!

HIMS is happy to offer two great webinars for next week. Register for your favorite webinar, or better yet, both! Feel free to share with your friends, family, and colleagues.

Webinar – Using Polaris as a Braille Display to run Windows, Android, and iOS Devices.

Date: Wednesday, June 10th, 2020

Time: 4:00 PM Central

Come to this webinar to learn how to control PC, Android, and iOS devices using a Polaris or Polaris Mini.

In this webinar you will learn:

*     A quick overview of installing USB driver in Windows

*     Typing in braille on your Polaris and using it to do common windows commands on your PC

*     Quick review of iOS and Polaris setup to use Polaris as a braille display on iOS devices

*     Learn how to use the Polaris to enter in information and how to control an iOS device

*     Connect to and use with Android

 <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001EKE9aMICGtgwtUNU41UHTa_SLu1imp2WIOCZiLEWQMu6c7M5LAAyW3o4YNvjnRmfr2zK50hgFWCDfu4tjjPQ8w0KslsGzYvanXRn0m2UOe2-oEFuLxDBZwMYLWyJvVQLqb1_mm7JscarsPdvOWxIn9DO5tgZB3IgRHXV5pJ1OK8J5A_qc41rKAMsi_4x8Njc6pJftn1Urqg=&c=g7YTLsesgeeWUv2AVCj0EKdTc-Bpno33qHAvtxgvN60sxXr12aKZqQ==&ch=-V9P0uar7O5eFqxufisHBTyo2QikHAq1UMEZnfhXUsDTcxnGdu7Xyg==> Register with Polaris as a Braille Display on Zoom Today!

Webinar – Reading Rainbow.

Date: Friday, June 12th, 2020

Time: 4:00 PM Central

“Take a look, it’s in a book.” For those of us of a certain age, hearing these words drew us to the television many mornings to explore worlds we had never seen or dreamed of through reading. We’ve now grown up, the technology has grown with us, and the blind are able to access books in ways we didn’t even know how to dream of back then. In this webinar we will explore the “rainbow” of possibilities for finding, obtaining and reading books directly in braille and speech with the BrailleSense Polaris.

*     We will explore the accessibility of popular reading apps like Audible, kindle and Google Books on the Polaris.

*     We will explore applications and electronic libraries specifically designed for access by the blind and visually impaired, including Go Read, Voice cream reader, and Dolphin easy reader.

*     We will demonstrate how the unique Braille interface on Polaris helps you navigate and find the content you love more efficiently.

 <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001EKE9aMICGtgwtUNU41UHTa_SLu1imp2WIOCZiLEWQMu6c7M5LAAyW3o4YNvjnRmf4ylJHLfyhohjYXSz3Y88jNlrcsxylzdvx38SuISA4QzycgaHhNeflHCH7zZPlVKyOABkA0QQ7uOvLlQvY3cpThti4E1-yzJhnAn7kCyD3GE--3MkTTVJQebF3FpUx5-5s08neAJXb4Y=&c=g7YTLsesgeeWUv2AVCj0EKdTc-Bpno33qHAvtxgvN60sxXr12aKZqQ==&ch=-V9P0uar7O5eFqxufisHBTyo2QikHAq1UMEZnfhXUsDTcxnGdu7Xyg==> Register for Reading Rainbow on Zoom Today!

Want More Webinars?

Visit us online at  <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001EKE9aMICGtgwtUNU41UHTa_SLu1imp2WIOCZiLEWQMu6c7M5LAAyW_TemrYXs4RyaVe9iUEl4zYsXaTh1oYpFF4owcGK2G8JzSNTbX1FTtKZZJo5qR-ZnWRCLlwHOGTp_-4yBRBgZVs1MgH57KllUY4r_h-vKqbT&c=g7YTLsesgeeWUv2AVCj0EKdTc-Bpno33qHAvtxgvN60sxXr12aKZqQ==&ch=-V9P0uar7O5eFqxufisHBTyo2QikHAq1UMEZnfhXUsDTcxnGdu7Xyg==> https://www.hims-inc.com/webinars/ to sign up for more webinars and to access the recordings of past webinars.

HIMS, Inc | 4616 West Howard Lane, Suite 960, Austin, TX 78641