[NFBF-L] training centers

Jorge Alejandro Paez iamjorgeapaez94 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 19:36:15 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,
I’m wondering if anyone on here ever convinced DBS to send them to an NFB training center?
I tried applying for Blind Inc.’s adult program 2 years ago as I went through their young adult program in 2010.
Back then I was in New York and they had no problem sending me since they didn’t have a training center of their own, but when I applied down here they shut me down saying I didn’t show enough cause.
Anyway that’s something I’m planning on doing once I get my guide dog and finish that whole transition plus take care of most of my undergraduate work, which should take about a year if my planning is right, so I was wondering if anyone had actually done it, and if so what advice/tips etc. do you have?
Since I’ll have to come up against that at some point.

Jorge