[NFBF-L] Happy Birthday National Federation of the Blind

Jorge Hernandez jeh1065 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 16 22:54:00 UTC 2020

The Federation at 80

Time does not stand still, our canes, guide dogs, and hearts propels us
through our journey.

We have the strength and devotion to carry out our dreams of being first
class citizens and not be left behind in all aspects of life. From teachers,
to engineers, to moms and dads, we will overcome

.  We are stronger together when we work together.

We have been tested and we are still stout through the 80 years of
existence.  Our federation family comes together not just in times of
celebrations but in times of need, times of comfort, times of resilience.
We exhibit self-assurance by the strength of our leaders at the national,
state, and local level.  Our participation in this journey we carve for a
better tomorrow for those who follow our footsteps and believe in the dreams
of past and present members, who expand our horizon and break down barriers
for a better tomorrow.

Lead by example.

Those who need re-assurance of what we as an organization is, need not to
look far.  Doors are always open to provide the knowledge and warmth of
federationism.  Knowledge that transform our dreams into reality.  We pledge
our participation actively in our efforts of building the life's we want,
achieving equality, opportunity, and the security of the blind.

Building the National Federation of the Blind.

Happy 80th Anniversary

Jorge Hernandez