[NFBF-L] Thanks to everyone

Denise Valkema valkemadenise at aol.com
Sat Oct 10 13:10:00 UTC 2020

Greetings federation family,

I want to thank those that submitted my name and the awards committee for the leadership award. I  am the leader I am today because of many of you who have mentored me in the past, the great team of leaders we currently have, support from our national leaders, and each and everyone of you. It was a sentimental moment and a great memory for me to receive this award during our 50th anniversary convention.  Great to be on our golden bridge from the past to our future.

I loved our virtual convention in many ways but missed being together with everyone in person. The virtual convention gave us the opportunity to have more guest speakers in general session and our interest sessions. We had many of our national leaders supporting us. The opening ceremonies and history project were definitely highlights and well put together by Marion and Dan. We laughed a lot listening to the comedian. I loved how we informally chatted after Ever’s great banquet speech. It was wonderful to have six scholarships awarded due to all of the support from our chapters. I hope our students group meets throughout the year and becomes more involved in our affiliate.

We had many working behind the scenes to  make this virtual convention successful. Thank you to  all working together and sharing our love, hope, and strength. Let’s go build the national federation of the blind!

Together,
Denise Valkema, President
President at nfbflorida.org
(305)972-8529