[NFBF-L] Why I Identify as Blind When I Can (Kinda) See | by Lisa Ferris | Medium

Judith Hamilton hamilton.j.r.2309 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 20:31:15 UTC 2020

I can relate to this. I have spent most of my life "sitting on the fence"
Never feeling like I fit in the  fully "sighted group" due to the vision I
don't have; nor the totally blind group because I do have some vision with
magnification. I have been confronted by strangers who would say "You're
not blind". Our society puts a lot of emphasis, possibly too much, on
appearance. Now that I am in Act 3 of my life, I have come to terms with
these issues by connecting with my NFB family and learning tools to put in
my box so that the struggle is not so tough. It does not go away, but it is
less. I am still progressing.
Respectfully,
Judy Hamilton