[NFBF-L] Conklin-Davis Center for the Visually Impaired CEO Ronee David speaks on re- opening

1587 at BELLSOUTH.net 1587 at BELLSOUTH.net
Thu Feb 4 00:02:42 UTC 2021

From: NFBF-L <nfbf-l-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Brian Norton via
Sent: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 2:23 PM
To: Ronee David <rdavid at cvicentralflorida.org>; Nancy Epps
Cc: Brian Norton <brian.edward.norton at outlook.com>; Fenton, Stevie
vcaldwell536 at gmail.com; Julia Savage <jisavage at yahoo.com>;
ladygiggy at comcast.net; alicia.d.betancourt at gmail.com;
john5319 at bellsouth.net; darlene laibl-Crowe <dlaiblcrowe at att.net>; Wohlrab,
Stacey <Stacey.Wohlrab at dbs.fldoe.org>; daytonapriest at gmail.com;
ndbh16 at gmail.com; McCall, Shamara <Shamara.MaCall at dbs.fldoe.org>; NFBF-L
<nfbf-l-bounces at nfbnet.org>; Meghan Althafer <meghanalthafer at gmail.com>
Subject: [NFBF-L] Conklin-Davis Center for the Visually Impaired CEO Ronee
David speaks on re- opening

Greetings to NFBF members and friends supporting  blind Floridians,

On February 14, 2021 Sunday afternoon @5pm - 6pm, The NFBF Deaf Blind
Division will welcome

Ronee David, the long-time Executive Director of the Daytona Center for the
Visually Impaired, to discuss the re-opening of the Conklin Center for
Blind Floridians with additional physical challenges.

Although we usually have used Free Conference call-in for our previous
division meetings, I decided to try to use Zoom  link this time.

Below is the Zoom information for our NFBF Deaf Blind Division  meeting on
Sunday afternoon

February 14, 2021 @ 5pm -6pm:

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9357099741?pwd=YVhxTVg0Nm1KQytCQ0xJM1JvZDhYUT09
<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fus02web.z
oom.us%2Fj%2F9357099741%3Fpwd%3DYVhxTVg0Nm1KQytCQ0xJM1JvZDhYUT09&data=04%7C
01%7C%7C510d17cb224f4d5325e908d8c7da2ec1%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa
%7C1%7C0%7C637479087181677012%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiL
CJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=OGy7lC065G3rrr1W
fXcanP3%2FbjBDXFCzmsCEzCg0kw8%3D&reserved=0>

You may also call in by phone:

+13017158592,,,9357099741#

Meeting ID: 935 709 9741

Passcode: 8888

One tap mobile

The former Conklin Center was unfortunately closed last year following the
Division of Blind Services cancellation of their contract. That center has
been now renamed the Conklin Davis Center for the Visually Impaired in
honor of founders Lion Millard Conklin and CVI founder Kathy Davis and is
being managed by Ronee David, formerly CEO of CVI. Kathy Davis, former NFBF
President, former Professor at Daytona State College,  and now NFBF Greater
Daytona Beach Vice-President and Nancy Epps, former Ponce Inlet Mayor,
President of Ponce Inlet Lions Club, and NFBF Greater Daytona Beach
Treasurer have been working diligently with Ronee David to re-open this
important training facility in coordination with the Florida Division of
Blind Services.

During our upcoming  Valentine Day zoom conference, I urge all Conklin
Center graduates and other interested Floridians to show their love and
appreciation for the wonderful efforts of Ronee, Kathy, and Nancy.

I urge interested Florida participants  to join in expressing their support
for these continuing activities to improve this valuable training and
employment organization with obtaining help from numerous state and local
businesses and from state government agencies including the Florida
Division of Blind Services and Florida Department of Vocational
Rehabilitation to assist with financing these continuing efforts to reopen
and improve the residential Conklin-Davis  facility as soon as possible
under the difficult circumstances of our uncertain prevailing community
health  and economic problems.

I will also try to make our usual Free Conference call-in number available
concurrently:

Free Conference phone call-in number:

605.313.5111

Code number:

305480

If you have any difficulties, please contact me at my email and phone
below.

Gratefully,

Brian Norton

NFBF Greater Daytona Beach President