[NFBF-L] friends of Library Access

PLipovsky plipovsky at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jun 24 22:05:35 UTC 2021

Hi all.

I noticed on our call this morning there were some folks that did not know
about the Friends of library access, or were not that familiar with it   so
I thought I would post some info about

It again to both refresh and enlighten everyone regarding who we are, and
what we do.

Please share with anyone you think would be interested.

Thanks.

The Friends of Library Access is a nonprofit corporation that assists the
Florida Bureau of Braille and Talking Book Library in Daytona Beach serve
persons throughout the state of Florida who cannot read conventional print.
Our mission is public education and advocacy, making print disabled persons
aware of the wonderful services available through this Braille and Talking
Book Library.  We also assist financially with the provision of accessible
media, including Braille, recorded and electronic materials.

Since its inception in 1992, we have helped this Braille and Talking Book
Library continue its service of excellence through key equipment purchases
and community awareness activities.  In appreciation of the volunteers, we
have sponsored annual volunteer appreciation luncheons, and other continuing
activities and awards for their invaluable service.  We have also assisted
consumer organizations in successful advocacy for continuation of sub
regional Braille & Talking Book Libraries.

Anyone is welcome to join the Friends of Library access.  The dues are ten
dollars per year. .  We count on our members, such as you, to generously pay
annual dues and make donations to give the Friends the ability to assist in
provision of services to library customers and other print impaired
individuals who need and deserve equal access to information needed for
independence, education, employment and pleasure.

We, the Friends of Library Access, Inc., invite you to join us as we seek to
increase the availability of accessible media to Florida's citizens who are
blind, visually impaired, physically impaired and/or reading impaired.

If you are interested in hearing what we are all about you are welcome to
attend any of our board meetings, which are held quarterly on the second
Saturday of February, May, August, and November,

For more information, to find out how to become a member, or how to apply
for one of our board positions, you may contact Patricia A. Lipovsky,
Membership and Outreach Chair/Treasurer at:  plipovsky at cfl.rr.com
<mailto:plipovsky at cfl.rr.com> , or (386) 255-0288.

Or visit our web site at www.friendsoflibraryaccessinc.org
<http://www.friendsoflibraryaccessinc.org%20%20>

Patricia Lipovsky,

Friends of Library access Inc.

Treasurer/Membership and Outreach Chair,

Newsletter Editor

Home;  (386) 255-0288

Cell:  (386) 212-6627