[NFBF-L] Santa Letters and Winter Celebration

DENISE VALKEMA valkemadenise at aol.com
Sun Nov 14 14:27:40 UTC 2021

Tis the season! Our favorite winter tradition is upon us! Once again, Santa has asked for us to help him send out Braille letters and accessible activity sheets to his friends across the country. If you’d like a more general winter-themed letter sent out, we’ve got those too. Sign your child up at: https://buff.ly/3bQqfUP

https://nfb.org/programs-services/early-childhood-initiatives/santa-letters

Santa Letters and Winter Celebration
The National Federation of the Blind works to get more Braille into the hands of blind and low-vision children. We are excited to provide Braille letters and activities to celebrate the holiday and winter season in December. Each letters is part of a fun celebration packet of activities. The celebration packet is accompanied by a print copy for the whole family to participate.

Please choose a letter from Santa or a winter celebration letter for your child. | En Español

Santa Letters
Every December, the National Federation of the Blind helps Santa send letters in Braille to young blind children across the country.

Nothing promotes reading like a letter from Santa! Last year's letter inspired Louise to Braille her own letter to Santa to leave with milk and cookies, since, as she put it, "Santa must be able to read Braille if he can write it!" Thank you!
How did it start? Well, more than ten years ago, Santa asked us to be his honorary elves. Ever since, we've been helping him send letters in contracted Braille to blind children who are ten years old and younger in the United States. Along with the Braille letter, Santa includes a print letter so that those who might not read Braille can follow along. He also includes other fun holiday activities.

English and Spanish available. Submit your requests between November 8 and December 17.

Request a Santa Letter today!

New: Winter Celebration Letters
We can't wait to have a packet of Braille for our daughter as we celebrate the year coming to an end. We can never get enough Braille.

We are excited to expand our program to have a winter-themed Braille letter. Parents of children ages ten years or younger can select one of the options that best fits their family. Along with the Braille letter, the celebration packet includes a print letter so that those who might not read Braille can follow along. English and Spanish available.

Submit your requests between November 8 and December 17.

Request a winter celebration packet today!

More Information
For more information about our education programs, please contact us at education at nfb.org or 410-659-9314, extension 2418.

—
Denise Valkema