[NFBF-L] FW: [Florida Outreach Center] minor change for nfb news line and other activities at the florida outreach center for the blind

jason.goldfield at yahoo.com jason.goldfield at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 19:50:50 UTC 2021

From: floridaoutreachcenter at groups.io <floridaoutreachcenter at groups.io> On
Behalf Of jason goldfield
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2021 2:48 PM
To: floridaoutreachcenter at groups.io
Cc: fcb-l at acblists.org
Subject: [Florida Outreach Center] minor change for nfb news line and other
activities at the florida outreach center for the blind

Please forward to those who are interested.

The time of the nfb news line workshop was not in the original message.

Hello FOCB Family and Friends,

Here is a preview of what's happening in November at the Florida Outreach
Center for the Blind:

Every Tuesday at 10:00 AM is our Crafts Class. You will enjoy making
beautiful projects while having fun socializing with friends.

Immediately following at noon on Tuesdays will be our new Peer Support Group
"Caring and Sharing." If you or someone you know is facing the difficult
adjustment of living with blindness or progressive vision loss, this group
has the support and answers you need.  The purpose of the group is to
provide a safe and private environment to share and discuss whatever is on
your  mind. You are welcome to participate or just listen. Both of these
activities will be held at the Center and refreshments will be served. Palm
Tran tickets will be reimbursed to all participants.

            On Thursday, November 18th, at 1:00 p.m. the Center will host a
workshop on NFB-NEWSLINE, a free audio news service for anyone who is blind
or visually impaired. Imagine a service where you can read hundreds of local
and national newspapers, magazines, local store adds along with other daily
publications. In addition, imagine a place where you can get tv listings for
your tv provider? This is NFB Newsline sponsored by The National Federation
of The Blind. The service is free and offers access to more than 500
publications, emergency weather alerts, job listings, and more via your
telephone or electronic device. Please join The Florida Outreach Center for
The Blind and our guest speaker, Russ Davis, who will tell you how to Sign
Up for NFB-NEWSLINE and demonstrate this wonderful service. Participants
will also have a chance to win a $25 door prize, but you must be present to
win.

Also, On November 22nd at 3:00 PM, we will host our monthly Book Club
discussion led by the Talking Books Manager. The title of this month's book
is "Billy Summers" by Stephen King.

The workshop and book discussion will be held over the Zoom Platform.

(Please note all times are eastern)

Join by clicking on:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5616420005

or use One tap mobile:

+13126266799,,5616420005#

Or Dial Manually:

        +1 312 626 6799

Meeting ID: 561 642 0005

For more information about these events or our programs, call the Center at
561-642-0005.

We hope you will join us for these exciting and enlightening activities!

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#537)
<https://groups.io/g/floridaoutreachcenter/message/537>  | Reply To Group
<mailto:floridaoutreachcenter at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BFlorida%20Outreach%
20Center%5D%20minor%20change%20for%20nfb%20news%20line%20and%20other%20activ
ities%20at%20the%20florida%20outreach%20center%20for%20the%20blind>  | Reply
To Sender
<mailto:jgoldfield73 at comcast.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BFlorida%20Outre
ach%20Center%5D%20minor%20change%20for%20nfb%20news%20line%20and%20other%20a
ctivities%20at%20the%20florida%20outreach%20center%20for%20the%20blind>  |
Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/87078479/5021469>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/floridaoutreachcenter/post>

  _____

Visit our web page at www.blindfocb.org <http://www.blindfocb.org>