[NFBF-L] AbilityOne NPRM

DENISE VALKEMA valkemadenise at aol.com
Wed Oct 13 00:14:51 UTC 2021

AbilityOne NPRM:
On October 7, the AbilityOne Commission held a virtual public meeting. At that meeting they discussed a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) that would be published in the Federal Register on October 12. The NPRM was published and is twenty-seven pages long and is entitled “Prohibition on the Payment of Subminimum Wages Under 14(c) Certificates as a Qualification for Participation as a Nonprofit Agency Under the Javits Wagner O'Day Program.” As the title indicates, the proposed rule phases out subminimum wages on all AbilityOne contracts. We are working on our comments and hope to officially submit them and then publish them on our website within the next two weeks. We will then have additional information about how we can all bolster those comments.

—
Denise Valkema
(305)972-8529