[NFBF-L] List of All Paratransit Agencies in Florida

Judith Hamilton hamilton.j.r.2309 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:16:17 UTC 2022

Hi Russ,
I believe if the county (or city) has established a fixed route bus system,
then they are required under ADA to fund a complementary paratransit to
riders with ADA certified disabilities who live three quarters of a mile
from a fixed route bus  stop and are unable to access fixed route transit.
If the county or city does not have an established fixed route system, they
come under the State of Florida Commission for the Transportation
Disadvantaged. The Legislature and the Governor sign off on how much money
each county gets each fiscal year. The trust fund account for TD also has a
"Voluntar Dollar" trust fund program that offers the public, when renewing
their tag(s) on vehicles or mobile homes, etc., they can voluntarily add a
dollar when paying the registration fee. TD is still a grant funded program
as far as I know and I saw Marilyn's name on this possibly. She has
probably added more while I was typing this. So I defer to her
expertise🙂 TD started as a unique program by the state of Florida before
the Florida Statute was even created in 1982. I remember, when I worked for
DC&F (formerly H.R.S.) in 1979, the district here in Gainesville created a
task force and policies. Anyway, so much for my 2 cents. Have a good day
everyone.
Judy Hamilton