[NFBF-L] List of All Paratransit Agencies in Florida

NFBFL Treasure Coast treasurecoastnfb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:24:51 UTC 2022

Yes Judy, you are correct. If a particular county or jurisdiction is providing a fixed route system that is receiving funds from the federal transit administration and the state of Florida, they are required to have a complementary paratransit service that is to be equivalent to what the sixth served up to 3/4 of a mile past where that fixed route service would start. At that time, they would receive money through the Transportation Disadvantage program and the amount of funding that is received and how the program operates differs by county and jurisdiction. Also, as you mentioned, Florida is unique as we are the only ones that have a TD program and how it is funded. If anyone has any additional questions they could definitely ask Marilyn or myself,  and Miss Gloria, as we all have pretty good knowledge of how the TD program is operated and how the trust is set up and money is disbursed to each county or jurisdiction.

Thank you
Nicole

Nicole D. Fincham-Shehan
President

Treasure Coast Chapter
Home Phone: 561-366-7841
Cell Phone: 410-493-4461
Email: treasurecoastnfb at gmail.com

On Jun 7, 2022, at 11:55 AM, Judith Hamilton via NFBF-L <nfbf-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Thanks Alicia. Great information to know.
Judy Hamilton

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 10:46 AM licib85--- via NFBF-L <nfbf-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Good morning all:
>
> I had some time today and I recall on the convention planning meeting this past Sunday that this information was requested. If anyone wants to have a look see, here is the link:
>
> https://planfortransit.com/transit-agencies/
>
> The Jacksonville link is on the first page of results, if you are interested in looking for it early. Team work makes the dream work! 😊

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NFBF-L:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbf-l_nfbnet.org/treasurecoastnfb%40gmail.com