[NFBF-L] Charter bus for state convention

NFBFL Treasure Coast treasurecoastnfb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 09:12:13 UTC 2022

Hello All

I hope this finds you well. I am reaching out to everyone in hopes that you have been contacted by your chapter president to see if there is an interest in wanting to charter a bus for state convention. We need a definite yes or no by this Thursday, June 16, 2022.

If the need is there, we are looking to possibly charter two buses. One bus will serve Southeast Florida, starting in Miami, Broward, Palm Beach, treasure coast, space coast and Orlando. The other bus will service the Tampa, Gainesville, and poke areas. The bus is and ADA compliant but, therefore, it has a wheelchair lift, for anyone who has to use a wheelchair or mobility device. Each bus holds 55 individuals.

If we can still each bus, it looks as though the cost would be about $75 per person. At the moment, we have about 35 individuals who are interested from Southeast Florida and chartering the bus, and we have not heard anything from those who live in the Tampa, Gainesville, or Polk county areas. If we keep the bus at 35 or 40 individuals, unfortunately, we would have to raise the cost to about $110 per person. We do realize this is a lot more than the $75, but we have to cover the cost of the bus and the driver. So, of course we would want to try to fill the bus as much as we can, therefore, we could keep the cost down. However, if we are not able to fill the bus and we still have those 35 individuals who have expressed interest previously still still want the bus, it would be $110 per person. This is the cost for round-trip.

We would pick up in essential location in each area. We would look to pick up in a area that is possibly served by some form of public transportation and that had a restroom and possibly somewhere to get a snack. This would be extremely helpful for those who were on the bus, if they needed to get off and use the facilities or purchase a snack. The bus would drop off directly at the hotel on Friday somewhere between 12 PM and 3 PM at the latest. The bus with the part the hotel in Jacksonville on Monday somewhere between 9 AM and 10 AM.

So if you are interested in chartering a bus and have a true commitment, please contact me no later than Thursday, June 16, 2022. I would need a deposit of half of what the total cost would be by July 1, 2022. Unfortunately, I would not be able to tell you what that exact deposit would be until after I hear from everyone this week. So, either your deposit would be $35 or $55, depending upon how many individuals we have who are interested in chartering the bus. The remaining balance would be due September 5, 2022. I can be reached at the below telephone numbers, or please feel free to email me personally off of this thread. I am available to answer any questions that you may have in regards to charter in the bus. I hearing from you and again, hope this is something that we can do I can be reached at the below telephone numbers, or please feel free to email me personally off of this thread. I am available to answer any questions that you may have in regards to charter in the bus. I look forward to hearing from you and again, hope this is something that we can do. I believe it would help a lot of individuals be able to get to convention and it would be a lot less stressful than having to worry about taking Amtrak , greyhound or some other means of transportation.

Hope you all have a blessed and safe week!!!

Thank you
Nicole

Nicole D. Fincham-Shehan
President