[NFBF-L] upcoming workshop and information from the florida outreach center for the blind

jason.goldfield at yahoo.com jason.goldfield at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 17:48:22 UTC 2022

Come join the Florida Outreach Center for The Blind for our next exciting
workshop. Please join Jason Goldfield and Maria Norris as we talk about
organization of your home. Several topics will be covered including
organizing items in your kitchen from labeling spices to identifying cans.
We will also learn how to find items in other rooms of your house such as
your bathroom, bedroom, and so much more. Please be prepared to come and
share your tips and tricks on how you make your home more accessible and
organized. A door prize will be given out at the conclusion of the workshop.
This workshop will be held over Zoom. The information will be found at the
bottom of this message.

In addition, Every Tuesday, the Craft Program will meet from 10:00 AM-12:00
PM to create unique projects, followed by the Caring and Sharing Peer
Support Group that will gather over lunch at 12:00 PM.

On the last Wednesday of the month, June 29th at 3:00 PM, the Center will
host its monthly Book Club discussion led by Sarah Smedley, Talking Books
Manager. This month's title is "Last Summer at the Golden Hotel" by Elyssa
Friedland and Julia Whelan.

There will also be a birthday party for all of our students, staff and
volunteers born in June and two field trips. Palm Tran Connections tickets
will be reimbursed to all participants traveling to FOCB's classes and
activities on paratransit.

The Center will be closed Friday, July 1st through Monday, July 4th in honor
of Independence Day. The Center will reopen Tuesday, July 5th, for our
regularly scheduled classes and programs.

If you have any questions please call the florida outreach center at

561-642-0005 or email us at

Info_focb at bellsouth.net <mailto:Info_focb at bellsouth.net>

(Please note all events on Zoom meetings are eastern time.)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83581605488?pwd=UWYvTVZ2Q2RRejhJamVJREF4Rlltdz09

Passcode: 182630

One tap mobile