[NFBF-L] Twelve Packing tips and tricks from Homewise

peggy Fleischer peninnah.fleischer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 17:37:28 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

I have been asked by those who attended the last Homewise meeting to share with the list the tips I provided about packing for convention. I will also include links to some of my favorite products that were mentioned during the Homewise call.

1.  Think about your mode of travel and decide if you want to check a bag or carry on your own luggage.

2.  If you carry your own luggage, keep it as light as possible.  Weigh your clothes and bring your lightest weight items.

3. Consider using packing cubes.  They help keep you oriented in unfamiliar surroundings.

4.  Shoes are your heaviest item so wear the heaviest pair and pack no more than two others. White, black or tan shoes go with everything.

5. Ladies keep your toiletries to a minimum and your makeup light. Toiletries should store in a quart size see through ziplock.
6. Men traveling with a suit should by a suit or garment folder sized for a carry on.

7. The weight of your bag  matters. If you are carrying a back pack make it a light weight one (one pound)  Will save your back. Keep rolling luggage light also. Saves your arm  and  toes.

8.  Compression socks are good for everyone.  If you don’t need full coverage and compression consider ankle athletic compression socks like the ones recommended below. The support they give your feet will keep you feeling less fatigued.

9. Stay hydrated. You can’t take water on a plane but you can take a collapsible  water bottle and fill it after you pass through security.

10. Wear comfortable clothes on the trip to and from like the jumpsuit for ladies listed below.

11. Comfortable dress at convention is also a good idea.  Jeans or Chinos for men or women with a polo  or comfortable blouse.
12. Have a good time. Whether you are packing for national or state convention, you must plan to have fun and part of the fun is not having to fuss with your luggage. I hope you find these tips helpful.

Convention packing

G4Free 40L Lightweight Packable Hiking Backpack with Wet Pocket, Wateproof Handy Foldable Camping Outdoor Travel Daypack https://a.co/cEVQWx5

Compression Packing Cubes, Gonex Extensible Storage Mesh Bags Organizers https://a.co/8S1wr2V

SPECIAL MADE Collapsible Water Bottles Leakproof Valve Reuseable BPA Free Silicone Foldable Travel Water Bottle for Gym Camping Hiking Travel Sports Lightweight Durable 20oz Dark Green https://a.co/e2EfyFa

Women's Foldable Portable Travel Ballet Flat Roll Up Slipper Shoes https://a.co/5fjtMYI

PRETTYGARDEN Women's Loose Solid Off Shoulder Elastic Waist Stretchy Long Romper Jumpsuit https://a.co/aHDZjbf

Tide Sink Packs Laundry Detergent Does 3 Loads (3 packs of 3) https://a.co/3HUFWGA

Tide To Go Stain Pens 3 Count (3 Pack) https://a.co/gbwGwEQ