[NFBF-L] Reminder, Open convention planning meeting tonight

Judith Hamilton hamilton.j.r.2309 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 02:40:48 UTC 2022

This was a great meeting. I don't know if I was having tech issues, or what
types of " ZOOM on the phone" issues are going on, but I had challenges
trying to seek the floor.  I really liked the idea about the Braille issue
front and center and Hadley. About 10 or 11 years ago Hadley I believe had
regional speakers bureau representatives. Randy Morgan, who was a former
Division of Blind Services employee at around that time, got a job doing PR
for Hadley informing groups of their offerings. This was prior to their
name change and reorganization to Hadley Institute. He spoke at one of our
chapter meetings back then. Of course they may have stopped doing this, but
it is great that the committee wants to pursue this in light of their new
"Braille for Everyday Use" program. Go Team!
I also was really glad that we had a great response to talk about the
family and friends issue(s) regarding the "Where do I go from here?" for
the sighted spouse, family member, friend, etc. Thank you Vicky and Sylvia.
I'd like to see if we can be as welcoming as we can be. So many sighted
people just go off to the library, store while their member person goes to
their meeting or event. The communication interchange of a networking group
could promote a feeling of inclusion and maybe energize the parents group.
It is a great start everyone. GREAT JOB!
Respectfully,
Judy Hamilton
Gainesville Chapter