[NFBF-L] FW: [NFBF-Melbourne] In Loving Memory

Camille Tate ctate2076 at att.net
Fri Nov 18 14:52:27 UTC 2022

Dear MSCC Members:

It is with a sad heart that I share the passing of Mary Whelan. Some of you
may remember Rod Whelan, late chapter member and Treasurer of our chapter.
Rod passed in January 2020, leaving behind his wife of over 70 years and his
children. Sadly, Mary passed away last night. Our hearts, thoughts and
prayers go out to Nancy Hollo, our chapter member, on the passing of her
mother, Mary.

I still remember asking Mary how she and Rod managed to stay together when
they celebrated their 72nd anniversary and she told me "never go to bed
angry with each other", because there were times she wanted to smack him
with a frying pan! Although Mary spent the last couple of years in a nursing
home, I got glimpses of her life through Nancy. She was a kind and sweet
lady.

Please let us all keep the family in our thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,

Camille Tate

2nd Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of Florida

President, Melbourne Space Coast Chapter, National Federation of the Blind
of Florida

Phone: 321 372 4899