[NFBF-L] Deaf Blind Division Meeting, Important nominations for officers and board

amnaulty at aol.com amnaulty at aol.com
Mon Apr 17 16:01:39 UTC 2023

Brian    Is Mother's Day the only day the Affiliate has made available for a meeting?  Most of the female members are either mothers, have mothers or will have events that day.   Should we interpret this as yet another enhancement by the Affiliate to dissolve the Deaf-Blind Division, as we attempt to keep it going.  The Deaf-Blind population in Florida is growing exponentially day by day.
Write to or contact Janice Hanvey, (Helen Keller National Centerin Atlanta)   Get her numbers on Deaf-Blind citizens in Florida.I am very disappointed.  Gratefully, Joe Naulty will not knowabout this because of his failing health.   We have lost ourcompass; we are failing to serve; we are missing the mark. Those who need us most are falling by the wayside as we sidestep our responsibility.  It is not a "one man show"Apparently, you did not discuss this with your board of directors before proposing a National Holiday to hold a longoverdue meeting.  Your proposed date is 27 days away!
The board can sort it out.   I am presenting my unvarnished thoughts and opinion...Disappointed and Ashamed ! ! !
Arlene M. NaultyCharter MemberDeaf-Blind DivisionN.F.B. Florida