[NFBF-L] Sunrise and Shine tomorrow Thursday, August 10th at 9:00 AM - The celebration of the ADA never ends - join us and lend a hand

russell at radiorusty.com russell at radiorusty.com
Wed Aug 9 14:08:41 UTC 2023

Good morning Sunrise and Shine family!

Yes, the second Thursday of the month is already upon us and that means it’s time for another edition of Sunrise and Shine with NFB-NEWSLINE®. To be honest, the meeting date kind of snuck up on me. I hope you had marked your calendar though and were already making plans to join us tomorrow morning with breakfast and beverage in hand.

I don’t often reach back to previous Zoom calls when sending my emails out to you, but I feel a strong need to thank all of those who attended our last ‘Rise and Shine. We had some new faces, some regulars and also many, many old friends who’d been absent for much too long. It was so good to see more than 40 people turn out and share in the excitement of “our” call. I hope very much that each of you will be back with us tomorrow morning and on many of our future calls.

Just to be clear, just as with NFB-NEWSLINE, you do not have to hold membership in any particular blindness organization to be welcomed by our group, nor do you even have to be blind. We have “Rise and Shine family from many different organizations, both inside and outside of Florida. I firmly believe that  one of the reasons SRS is so enjoyable is because we gladly accept all those who take the time to drop in.

Speaking of things that seem to know no boundaries, as promised on our last call, we will spend time tomorrow morning celebrating the Americans with Disabilities Act. The ADA celebrated its 33rd birthday on July 26th, but that doesn’t mean we can’t continue the party. We’ll discuss the importance of the ADA, it’s history and very importantly we’ll delve into how the ADA has had an impact on our lives. I hope you will join us for this informative and fun filled discussion.

If you haven’t been to one of our calls before, joining us at 9:00 AM for a relaxing no stress get together will give you a chance to find out what you’ve been missing. We always take time for welcoming new guest speakers and participants and for lots of warmth and laughter.

Most of us have become pretty familiar with attending meetings using the Zoom platform over the past couple of years and in fact, we’ve been using Zoom since we launched Rise and Shine way back on April 16th 2020. If you’re not used to using Zoom or if it’s still giving you difficulties, don’t give up just yet. You can access the meeting by clicking on he below listed web link, by using the one tap mobile feature or by dialing the phone number provided and entering the access code when prompted.

The regulars on our call are always warm and welcoming and are thrilled to see new faces.

Hope to have you with us Thursday morning, see below for the Zoom info.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me before the call. Check the bottom of this email for the Zoom call-in instructions.

Russ Davis, Coordinator

   NFB Newsline of Florida

ph. 904-993-8433 (mobile)

Email: Russell at radiorusty.com <mailto:Russell at radiorusty.com>

NFB Newsline of Florida is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Sunrise and Shine with NFB Newsline

Date/Time: Thursday, August 10th, 2023 9:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/96184895393

Meeting ID: 961 8489 5393

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,96184895393# US (New York)

Direct dial access phone number

+1 646 876 9923

Meeting ID: 961 8489 5393