[NFBF-L] Exciting News - Announcing the 2024 Washington Seminar NFB of Florida Delegation

russell at radiorusty.com russell at radiorusty.com
Mon Nov 20 01:34:39 UTC 2023

Hello Federation Family,

Your National Federation of the Blind  of Florida Board of Directors
recently met in order to choose the members of the NFBF Washington Seminar
delegation. Washington Seminar will officially begin on Monday, January
29th. This will be an in person event, but of course many virtual meetings
will follow throughout 2024. During the meeting which took several hours,
the Board considered numerous factors when reviewing the names of
candidates, including such things as those who demonstrated strong interest,
active involvement  and dedication to the legislative process over the past
year. The Board also tried diligently to find delegates from throughout
Florida.

In order to reduce the significant cost of this truly important annual
event, the Board had to make the difficult decision to reduce the size of
the 2024 delegation. Only eight members of the Affiliate will be traveling
to Washington with the financial support of the NFB of Florida. Two
additional delegates will be joining us, to provide leadership and to
bolster the number of experienced delegates, but will be funding completely
their own expenses.

Meetings will begin soon in order to kick off the process of organizing the
event and  to train first-timers and refresh experienced members.

We do not yet know what the legislative priorities for Seminar will be, but
we have lots of current material to work with, including studying five
priorities we have been consistently reviewing for most of 2023.

Please join me in congratulating the following members of the National
Federation of the Blind of Florida who will be representing us all in
Washington in just a few short weeks. I am very honored to have the
opportunity to work with all of the chosen delegates and know that they will
do an amazing job.

Russ Davis, Legislative Director, NFB of Florida Board member. Greater
Jacksonville Chapter, (North Team)

Camille Tate, Legislative Director, NFB of Florida 2nd Vice-President.
Melbourne-Space Coast Chapter, (East Team)

Adriann Keve, Greater Jacksonville Chapter, (North Team).

Doug Ingram, NFB of Florida Board member, Tallahassee Chapter, (West Team).

Sheila King, Daytona Beach Chapter, (North Team).

Tishara Cooper, Central Florida Chapter, (East Team).

Z'leah Liburd, Florida Association of Blind Students, Tampa Chapter and
Statewide Chapter, (West Team).

Tekesha Saffold, Palm Beach Chapter, (South Team).

The following individuals will be joining the delegation, but will be doing
so at their own expense:

Denise Valkema, Greater Jacksonville Chapter, (South Team).

Peggy Fleischer, Daytona Beach Chapter, (South Team).

Please watch for future updates regarding Washington Seminar. Please also
know that we are grateful to all who offer their support at open Affiliate
meetings during the training process and throughout the upcoming year.

Very respectfully,

Russ Davis, Legislative Director

Ph. 904-993-8433

Email: russell at radiorusty.com