[NFBF-L] Changes in the affiliate board, please read

Kaye Baker kaye.j.zimpher at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 01:13:49 UTC 2024

Greetings Federation Family and Friends:

Below is a message from Jorge Hernandez. Please don't hesitate to reach out
to the board with any questions.

Dear Florida Federationists:

The Florida Affiliate Board has undergone some changes in the last week and
I would like to address the membership regarding these changes.  Effective
January 15, 2024, president Paul Martinez has stepped down from his
position.  The Affiliate board would like to thank him for his leadership
throughout his tenure as President of our affiliate, the years he dedicated
serving as 1st Vice President and as a young, vibrant leader when he was
elected to the board in 2014.  Mr. Martinez will continue to serve as
president of the State wide Chapter and will continue to be an integral part
of growing the Florida Affiliate

By Constitutional authority, I, Jorge Hernandez have attained the position
of President.  I can assure  the affiliate that there has been no disruption
in the operations of the work the board is assigned to perform.  Moreover, I
have asked Camille Tate to serve as my 1st Vice President.  .  The position
of 2nd vice President will be filled in the near future.

For transparency, the position of President will be up for reelection at our
State Convention in October 2024.  The board is working diligently on
several projects involving our  national convention that will be held in
July of this year.  We are in a transition phase; we are updating our
webpage with  the correct and updated information; transferring all
necessary communication mediums to the correct personnel.  As we settle into
our new roles, I ask the membership to be patient and provide us with ample
time to ensure we are ready to serve all of you in the manner that you
deserve.

Sincerely,

Jorge Hernandez, President

National Federation of the Blind of Florida Board of Directors
president at nfbflorida.org <mailto:president at nfbflorida.org>

tel: (305) 877-2311

"Live the Life you want